Mercoledì 28 Giugno 2017
Dimensione caratteri

Pieve del Vescovo

PIEVE DEL VESCOVO

At the end of the XIVth century, in the comune of Corciano, the castle of Pieve del Vescovo situated on the hill of Migiana di Monte Malbe, enclosed the building Pieve di S. Giovanni and from this moment, for centuries, it was used for religious, military and residential functions, With the permission of the Comune of Perugia , in 1396 the castle was fortified with walls and towers and a year later hosted the wedding of the valorous captain Biordo Michelotti and Giovanna Orsini, a noblewoman.
During the Renaissance failed the function of defense and the building was used as a residence for the bishops of Perugia: for this purpose, it was adorned with mannerist decorations and enriched with comforts and gardens. The imposing castle with four towers is built on a square plan and it was recently restored.

Informativa

Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy.

Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy.

 

Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all’uso dei cookie.