Domenica 22 Ottobre 2017
Dimensione caratteri

The Church of San Francesco

THE CURCH OF SAN FRANCESCO

The Church, in Gothic style, is located just outside the city walls. Inside there are medieval and Renaissance sacred works, including frescoes and inscriptions. It was built in 1223 in memory of St. Francesco, who stayed in Corciano after having spent the period of Lent in 1211 at Lake Trasimeno. The outside has a pink and white polychrome facade. The inside has references to the values of the Franciscan order. It also contains the tombs of wealthy families from Corciano, such as Doni, Ballarini and Graziani. Recent restorations have removed the changes to the building which were made during the seventeenth century, bringing to light many of the old decorations.

Informativa

Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy.

Se vuoi saperne di più o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy.

 

Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all’uso dei cookie.